Enhancements, Fixes, and Known Issues 03/01/2022
This release marks an important milestone for Elastio. Elastio is as of now in a production ready state, with all on-disk structures and APIs stabilized so future versions will not require cleaning the account and deleting previous backups. As of this version, Elastio is now suitable for use in production with mission-critical data.
The following enhancements, fixes, and known issues are found in this release, dated 03/01/2022:
- An indicator that a CloudConnector requires an update was added to the Sources page.
- The existing CloudConnector can now be upgraded without the need to remove the previous version and install from scratch.
- New filtering options were added to all Assets pages. Now assets can be filtered by their IDs, state and the policy they belong to.
- Integrity check status is now displayed in the recovery points list on the Asset details page.
- Navigation to the recovery points from the Dashboard page was introduced.
- Possibility to include assets from different sources to one policy was introduced to the Policy creation flow.
- Reports and Integrity Scan Reports pages were added to the Tenant.
- Asset count on the Policies page was fixed to only count the protected assets.
- Filters caching was introduced to the Assets page. When returning to the Assets page from the Recovery points page the previously selected filters are now returned.
elastio vault deploy --importoption was introduced to the Elastio CLI to provide ability to import recovery points from a previously removed vault in the cases when they were retained.
--forceflag was added to the
elastio vault deleteoperation.
- The IAM permissions for Elastio components were reduced to the minimum necessary.
--rp @behavior was fixed to correctly identify the latest recovery point.
- Subnet validation was added to the backup and restore background jobs.
- Restore of MBR disks with smart autopartitioning was implemented.
- Alma Linux 8 and Rocky Linux 8 support was added.
iscanis now available as a background job.
elastio iscanwould panic with “entered unreachable code: Bug: Child job for this item already exists”. This was fixed.
elastio iscanparent job used to be marked as completed successfully, when a child job was failed. This was fixed.
elastio iscangenerated invalid output when called programmatically. This was fixed.
iscanwould sometimes fail for the EC2 recovery point if instance had more than 1 volume. This was fixed.
- Restore of root filesystem is failing with error “numeric field was not a number: when getting cksum”. This was fixed.
- Backup statistic would sometimes provide incorrect data. This was fixed.
--exclude-globoption in Elastio file backup excluded all files from backup if invalid selectors were passed. This was fixed.
- EBS restore background job would fail with out of memory error after 20GB of data were restored. This was fixed.