Enhancements, Fixes, and Known Issues 12/25/2023
The following enhancements, fixes, and known issues are found in this release, dated 12/25/2023:
- Elastio can now scan various AWS resources without creating a recovery point at a set schedule. This can be achieved using Elastio Protection Policy in your Elastio Tenant. See this tutorial for more details. Assets available for threat detection include but are not limited to: AWS EBS snapshots, AWS S3 buckets, AWS EFS, AWS AMIs.
- Elastio CLI was extended to support scanning AWS recovery points without importing them into Elastio. This can be achieved using the
elastio aws-backup scan-onlycommand.
- Additional retries were added to the ScaleZ connection in order to make it more reliable.
- Memory allocation during ingest was improved to assure maximum performance.
- Incremental iScan model was introduced. This model is based on comparing the recovery point being scanned with the previously scanned one, determining the changed files and scanning only those. The use of this model is automatic, if all requirements for it’s use are met.
- Incremental backups of mostly unchanged data were optimized for better performance.
- An option to keep the last clean and/or last infected snapshot was introduced for scan-only jobs of AWS EC2/EBS.
- Performance optimizations were introduced to full malware scan in cases when ransomware scan is incremental.
- EBS snapshot import would sometimes fail on Linux when child job completion was not awaited. This was fixed.
- The ‘An internal error has occurred’ error on EC2 / EBS backup was fixed.
- iScan of Windows EC2 RP failing with “IO pool error Caused by: task 235 panicked” was stabilized.
- S3 restore would occasionally fail with
numeric field did not have utf-8 text. This was fixed.
The export with ID 'b-id' already existsfailure mode was fixed in iScan.
- Previously if there were duplicate RPs detected, the AWS EBS import job would fail, this behavior was fixed.
- EBS backup “Failed to get device name of attached EBS volume by serial number” was eliminated by adding wait time when requesting device name.
- EC2/EBS backups would in rare cases fail with `‘InvalidSnapshot.NotFound’ error. This was fixed.