Enhancements, Fixes, and Known Issues 01/31/2022
The following enhancements, fixes, and known issues are found in this release, dated 01/31/2022:
- Policies were introduced to the Tenant. They provide the ability to schedule EC2 and EBS backups and optionally run Integrity Scan (
iscan) checks automatically.
- Policy creation workflow was implemented.
- The ability to filter assets by tags was added to the Tenant.
- The recovery point filter now includes asset name and tags as filters.
- The “Data compression” and “Deduplication Ratio” columns were removed from the Recovery Point details table.
- Vault name was added to the EC2/EBS restore window.
- Support of
iscanwas added to policy creation.
- Catalog v2 resync was implemented.
elastio iscancommand was added to the Elastio CLI.
- Ransomware database was added into the
- Scheduler was updated to use catalog v2 API and minor schema extension updates.
- Job status service refactoring was performed.
- Lambda functions were renamed for consistency.
- DynamoDB schema in job status service was performed.
elastio --versionwas extended with cloud components versions.
- Fail fast scenario was added for
elastio vault delete <name> --no-delete-contents.
- Pre-defined and documented IAM policies to perform various operations upon deploying Elastio were added to the CloudFormation resources.
- EBS restore with shrink was implemented.
- NTFS resizing was implemented.
- EC2 and EBS assets were not showing up in the Tenant after a deploy. This was fixed.
- Account settings page used to have a long delay to open. This was fixed.
- Job window was missing a label (UTC). This was fixed.
- The flag height on the phone number field was adjusted to fit the size of the phone number.
- Old browsers would crash when switching to sub-asset page. This was fixed.
- The recovery point ID from the Dashboard bubbles was removed.
- Tenant console breadcrumbs wer fixed throughout the Tenant.
- Asset filter would not be removed anymore when returning from the Recovery Point page to the Assets page.
- Specifying tag in the Tenant results in timestamp=tag on the RP would fail in some cases. This was fixed.
- The policy did not run if the start time was later than the end time. This was fixed.
elastio file restoredid not skip inaccessible files and continue processing the restore. This was fixed.
- Elastio CLI would exit with 0 exit status if filesystem backup failed to backup some files. This was fixed.
- Block backup was failing for the RAID device on Windows. This was fixed.
mount rpwould sometimes fail after several attempts on Windows. This was fixed.
umount rpattempt would fail with “The system cannot find the file specified” on Windows.
elastio:volume=was missing the volume ID in EBS RPs. This was fixed.
iscan-ebs-snapshotwould occasionally fail to scan several snapshots. This was fixed.
elastio block backupof mounted volume located on disk without partition would not always work. This was fixed.
- Poor performance of 5TB+ block restore was fixed.
- Policy creation in the Tenant might take around 110 seconds.
- Policies might fail if more than 3 items are selected. This restriction will soon be lifted.
elastio iscancan only be guaranteed to work on EC2 instances. Additionally, they only work for EC2 / EBS and block recovery points.